LiveWire Network Peer Answers Peer Support Teen Forums Tech Forums College Forums 124 users online 275508 members 2 active today Advertise Here Sign In
TeenCollegeTechPhotos | Quizzes | LiveSecret | Memberlist | Dictionary | FAQ
You have 1 new message.
Emergency Help
Until you sign up you can't do much. Yes, it's free.

Membername:
Password:
Already have an account?
Invite Friends
Active Members
Groups
Contests
Moderators
0 online / 0 MPM
Fresh Topics
  LiveWire / My Forums / Viewing Story

My cutting story
The following story was submitted anonymously on June 8, 2013.
The names have been changed to protect the author's privacy.

Hi. I had first started to cut myself when I was about 13 years old. I had lost my aunt, friend, and two grandparents within 3 years, as well as a lot more that I'm not going to discuss. I felt worthless and void of happiness. At first it was small scratches, maybe one or two, but it got worse, deeper and more. I did mine in a place no one could see so that no one knew. I thought it was helping me but I soon grew addicted. My best friend found out and he told a teacher who then told my parents. From there I was put in counseling. I quit cutting for 4 years, still had the urge, I recently slipped, I know it's not right. Now at 24 I wish I had never started. Not only do I feel like turning back to it, but my body is riddled with scars that make me look horrible. I'm afraid to find a partner because I'm afraid he will see my scars and run off. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SELF HARM, PLEASE DON'T, IT WAS THE WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! SEEK HELP OR TALK TO A FRIEND IF YOU FEEL LIKE HURTING YOURSELF!

[ Read More Stories ] [ Submit Your Own Story ]