LiveWire Network Peer Answers Peer Support Teen Forums Tech Forums College Forums 303 users online 275445 members 47 active today Advertise Here Sign In
TeenCollegeTechPhotos | Quizzes | LiveSecret | Memberlist | Dictionary | FAQ
Member Spotlight
livingalie
Teddy bears won't hug you back, but sometimes they're...
Mood: Sorry
You have 1 new message.
Emergency Help
Until you sign up you can't do much. Yes, it's free.

Membername:
Password:
Already have an account?
Invite Friends
Active Members
Groups
Contests
Moderators
2 online / 5 MPM
Fresh Topics
  LiveWire / My Forums / Viewing Story

Rape on New Year's Eve
The following story was submitted anonymously on Oct. 24, 2005.
The names have been changed to protect the author's privacy.

I was raped.

My story is about me and my ex-boyfriend. I had known him for about two years before I started dating him. He was in most of my classes and we started talking every day. Well, during my sophomore year of high school, a week after my birthday, he asked me out.

I had heard that he was back on his medication, taking heavier doses and getting new meds, but I decided to give him a chance. Every time he would come over, we would always have fun, but it wasn't until a New Year's Eve party that I found out who he really was.

He had picked me up to go to his friend's New Year's party and we had some drinks, but I limited myself to about two because I didn't want to go home drunk. So there we were, dancing and having a good time, though my boyfriend was pretty wasted.

We went upstairs to make out; it became too heated and I told him that I wanted to stop, but he just kept on going. I told him no, but he wouldn't listen. He just started taking off my clothes; I started to cry. I didn't know what to do. I tried kicking him, but he was too strong.

He had his way with me and then drove me home after the New Year's ball dropped. We were silent the whole way home and I never told anyone.

I was too afraid to tell someone because I didn't want my parents to know. So I've kept the incident a secret, only telling one person--he's helped me out quite a bit. I haven't had a boyfriend since and it is because I'm afraid. I think they're going to be just like my ex.

It will be three years this New Year's and I will always remember that day. It's so hard to talk about it still, and I choke up every time I think or talk to my friend about it.

My ex is moving back into town around Christmas and I don't know what I'm going to do. I work with his best friend and I'm going to be seeing him a lot. It will be stressful, but hopefully, I'll have mustered some courage by then.

[ Read More Stories ] [ Submit Your Own Story ]