LiveWire Network Peer Answers Peer Support Teen Forums Tech Forums College Forums 124 users online 275508 members 2 active today Advertise Here Sign In
TeenCollegeTechPhotos | Quizzes | LiveSecret | Memberlist | Dictionary | FAQ
You have 1 new message.
Emergency Help
Until you sign up you can't do much. Yes, it's free.

Membername:
Password:
Already have an account?
Invite Friends
Active Members
Groups
Contests
Moderators
0 online / 0 MPM
Fresh Topics
  LiveWire / My Forums / Viewing Story

Cutting to Eating Disorders
The following story was submitted anonymously on Aug. 31, 2008.
The names have been changed to protect the author's privacy.

I had just turned eleven when I started cutting, the first time on halloween. I had my reasons and I had my scissors so I put them together. Things calmed down after the first time then it got bad. A year later my arms we cut all over not from scissors anymore, compasses, nailfiles, broken plastic. Anything worked. With my family situation getting worse, my cutting did too. Eventually it took more of a toll on me. I stopped eating. Twelve years old and I wasn't even 85 pounds. 7th grade was horrible as I've heard it was for everyone, my biggest issues then were hiding my problems and pretending it was ok. I got caught in 8th grade. I was sent to therapy, my weight was checked, I had all these new "precausions". None of it worked. After two months I was back to my old habits. It's been four years since I started and I haven't quit, I haven't gotten better with my eating. I'm 15 and I weight 95 lbs. Eventually I will get help and I know I will quit and get better, but that's when I decide I'm ready. People pushing me made it all worse and pretending it never happened didn't help either. I know what I did wasn't the best way to vent and definatly not the smartest but I also know I'm not the only one in the world that went that way.

[ Read More Stories ] [ Submit Your Own Story ]